Super Busy Bi Week!
It’s a new bisexual week in our calendar of bi events – and with Bi Visibility Day this Saturday, there’s more than ever on around the country.
Some events run all week – Bolton Museum and Library has a foyer exhibition of bi resources all week, and Leeds Beckett university are flying the bi flag as they did during BiCon. Manchester Canal Street has a bi visibility banner up for the week organised by BiPhoria.
Things then get started on Tuesday when from 7.45pm it’s Swansea Bi Group at Mozarts, Walter Road. Which is in Swansea, obviously.
Also that night it’s the monthly bi pub meet for Manchester BiPhoria. 8pm at the Waterhouse on Princess Street; they normally meet in one of the rooms toward the back of the pub but look for a table with a cuddly lion or unicorn.
Wednesday evening it’s the Edinburgh Bi Group’s monthly talky space. They hold this at the LGBT Centre for Health & Wellbeing, 9 Howe Street, Edinburgh. Starts 7pm, finishes some time around 9.
Also that day in Belfast it’s Buns & bis at the Rainbow Project, 6pm. Facebook event here.
Thursday there’s a special bi meeting for staff at Lloyds Bank and Bank of Scotland in London. See staff intranet for info.
Friday evening sees Birmingham’s bi yoga group night at 530pm at the LGBT Centre, Holloway Circus. Edinburgh has a Friday night talk about being visibly bisexual. 7pm-9pm, details on facebook here. Leeds Bi Group spend Friday evening at a glamorous Bi Review of the year and afterparty. 5pm-late, details here. And Sheffield bis have a talk that night about bisexual asylum seekers experiences at the Town Hall. More here.
Saturday sees the bulk of events as it’s the “big day” itself. This will start with the Big Bi Tweet – with a social reach of over 4 million by far the biggest yet. We’ve borrowed from the BiVisibilityDay.com guide to what’s on that day around the UK (their listings are international).
- Birmingham. Bi Pub Crawl, 6pm-1am. More here.
- Brighton. Picnic in the Pavilion, 12 noon. More here.
- Brighton. Having our Cake. 3pm. More here.
- Brighton. Yellow Book social, 6pm. More here.
- Edinburgh. Film screening, more here.
- Great Yarmouth. Drag night at local gay bar. More here.
- Leeds. Bis and allies running in the park in purple for bi visibility, with Leeds Frontrunners running group.
- Leeds. Bi street stall – more here.
- Leeds. Town hall & Civic Hall both lit up in purple for the day / evening.
- Leicester. Talk on being bi & disabled. 12 noon. More here.
- London. Bi flag flown at Camden town hall. More here.
- London. Student picnic, Green Park. More here.
- London. “Through the years” pub crawl. More here.
- Manchester. Bi performance evening. More here.
- Nottingham. Street flyering 3pm & 6pm panel discussion event. Details here.
- Southampton. 8pm, Quiz & social meetup. More here.
- Swansea. University building flying the bi flag.
- Stockport. Town hall illuminated in pink, purple and blue for the day.
After all that excitement, Sunday has events in Liverpool and London.
Liverpool bis get together for a cafe meet & chat, 2pm at Love Thy Neighbour on Bold Street. London has a Queer as Jokes bi comedy night, at the Bill Murray, N1. More here. There’s also Cabiret “an evening of the bisexual variety!” performance night. 5pm Cavendish Arms, 128 Hartington Road, SW8. Details: facebook
Never been to a bi group before?
- For the coffee & pub type meetups – like in Nottingham or Brighton – try Hannah’s guide here.
- Gaming meetups like those in Leeds, Manchester and Birmingham are good for gamers and making casual acquaintance friends, but serious bi talk is tricky while you work out which move your character should make next.
- For the talky space meetups – like Cardiff, Manchester, Glasgow or Edinburgh, in community centre spaces – there’s Jen’s guide here.
Know of a bi meet we’re missing? Drop us a line!