The Bumper Bi Week Ahead: 17-23 September
Welcome to our weekly what’s on roundup of Bi Britain. With Bi Visibility Day on Sunday it’s busier than usual – and next week will be too.
The week kicks off on Tuesday when from 7.45pm it’s Swansea Bi Group’s regular pub meet at Mozarts, Walter Road. More about them here.
Also that night it’s the monthly bi pub meet for Manchester BiPhoria. 8pm at the Waterhouse pub, across Princess Street from Manchester Town Hall. They are normally in one of the little rooms to the back right of the bar, but look for a table with a cuddly lion or unicorn. More about that here.
Then on Wednesday it’s the turn of Edinburgh bis with their meetup 7pm-9pm at the LGBT Centre at 9 Howe Street.
On Thursday in Bristol there is a meeting called #BiSpace, a lunchtime session for civil servants working in Bristol. 12:30-13:30, Horizon House, Deanery Road. Details here. London has one too, at 12:30-14:00, BEIS Conference Centre, room C19, 1 Victoria St, Westminster. Details here.
On Friday in Leeds there will be a Bi Visibility Day talk. 18:00-20:30, Pinsent Masons, 1 Park Row. Details here. Organised by Leeds Bi Group with Pisent Masons, Touchstone & Leeds City Council.
Saturday is busy:
- Birmingham. Brum Bi Group Pub Crawl. Encouraged to bring your flags, silly headgear, glowsticks and whatever else will make the group as visible as possible. 19:30, The Dragon Inn, Hurst Street. Facebook event here.
- Leeds. Raising of the bisexual flag over Leeds Beckett University.
- Leeds. Bi Visibility running with Leeds Front runners. 09:00-10:30 at Roundhays Park. Meet Lakeside Cafe, look for the bi flag. Facebook event here.
- Manchester. BiPhoria meet for Bi Visibility Day. 12:30-16:00, LGBT Foundation, 5 Richmond St.
- Stirling. BiTastic! 10:00-17:00, Forth Valley College, Drip Road. More here.
Sunday is the twentieth Bi Visibility Day with events all around the world. Take a look at the webpage for what’s on, but here’s what is happening in the UK:
- Birmingham. Brum Bi Group Coffee Meet. 12:00, Damascena, Temple Row. Depending on the weather they’ll take their food & drinks outside to Pigeon Park (Birmingham Cathedral). Facebook announcement here.
- Bolton. Bi visibility street stall, organised by BiPhoria. Facebook event here.
- Bristol. Bisexual Bike Ride 2018. Grab your bikes, invite your friends and join for a friendly, slow Bi Visibility bike ride. 15:30-17:00, meet by the bandstand in Castle Park. Facebook event here.
- Glasgow. Screening of Call Me By Your Name. To mark Bi Visibility Day, there will be a panel discussion after the film on Bisexuality in the Media. 13:30, Glasgow Film Theatre, 12 Rose Street. Buy your ticket(s)!
- Liverpool. Edge Hill University main building will be illuminated in pink, purple and blue.
- Leeds. Bi boardgaming afternoon. 14:00-17:00 at Geek Retreat, Central Arcade. Facebook event here.
- London. 11:00 Bi Visibility Day Picnic, Green Park. Look for bi flags, bunting, umbrellas. Meetup event page.
- London. CaBiRet bi performance night. Details here.
- Salford. 12:00-15:00 Bi Picnic at University House. Info here.
- Salford. 15:00-16:00 Bi arts and crafts session celebration bisexual artists. Derwent Room, University House, Salford University. Info here.
- Southampton. Bi Visibility Day At The London! 15:00-18:00, London Hotel, Terminus Terrace. Facebook info here.
- Stoke-on-Trent. Bi Social Meetup. 11:00-14:00, Potteries Museum in Hanley, hosted by BiSociable. Facebook event here.
And looking ahead on Monday 24th, among other events we have the first ever entry here for Worthing. That’ll be a Bi Coffee Meet, 4pm at Starbucks, 22-26 South Road. Facebook event here.
Never been to a bi group before?
- For the coffee & pub type meetups – like in Nottingham or Brighton – try Hannah’s guide here.
- Gaming meetups like those in Leeds, Manchester and Birmingham are good for gamers and making casual acquaintance friends, but serious bi talk is tricky while you work out which move your character should make next.
- For the talky space meetups – like Cardiff, Manchester, Glasgow or Edinburgh, in community centre spaces – there’s Jen’s guide here.
Here are our UK & Ireland listings of local bi groups and regular meetups.
Know of a bi meet we’re missing? Drop us a line!