LGBT campaigns group Stonewall have launched a “Bi Empowerment Programme”, with the first training weekend held at the start of August.
This meant it clashed with BiCon – albeit 250 miles away. The day aims to “empower attendees to celebrate what it means to them to be bi and build a collective sense of solidarity.”
Stonewall say that taking part in the event would help attendees:
– Celebrate their own and each other’s bi identities.
– Develop a sense of validity as a bi person.
– Explore their own journey as a bi person and the shared experiences they have with other bi people.
– Understand what solidarity within bi communities can look like and why it’s important.
– Develop strategies for practicing positive self-care and understand how self-care should be a radical act.
– Create an active and supportive network of other bi people.
To find out about future dates email email@example.com.
The first Empowerment day was on 2nd August in London. We hope later dates will move around the country.