We hope some of you will still get to join bisexuals, partners, friends and allies marching under the pink, purple and blue bi flag at LGBT Pride festivals in the summer of 2020!
Many have been or will be cancelled thanks to the covid-19 coronavirus pandemic. It is quite possible no in-person Pride events will take place for the rest of 2020, leaving a couple of winter events at the very start of the year like London Student Pride as all we have to remember of this year’s Pride season.
But we remain hopeful if realistic.
Dates for planned prides that we know about already are listed below. If you’re organising a stall or parade entry please let us know.
For some of these – marked on the list with an asterix (*) there’s a local bi group associated with them, though we don’t always know about a bi parade entry, stall or suchlike.
With those Prides at least, even if you miss the Pride march itself there’s a local bi social and / or support meetups the rest of the year round, and often virtual meetings while the country is in lockdown.
UK Pride 2020 was to take place at Northern Pride in Newcastle from 17 to 19 July. The pre-events for it have already been postponed. Visit the Northern Pride website for more info. Like many events this year the main Pride festival may be cancelled – watch for updates.
BiCon and Bi Pride are key dates as well – this year being held in Leeds and in London.
- Feb 21: Student Pride, London
- [cancelled / postponed] April 25: Bury Pride * – BiPhoria
- [postponed] April 25: Hampshire Pride * – BiPanic
- [cancelled / postponed] May 2: Oxford Pride
- [cancelled / postponed] May 2: Swansea Pride * – BiCymru
- [postponed] May 23: Birmingham Pride * – Brum Bis
- [cancelled / postponed] May 24: Durham Pride
- [cancelled / postponed] May 30: Grampian Pride
- [postponed] May 30: Northumberland Pride
- [cancelled] May 30: Oban Pride
- [cancelled / postponed] June 5: Blackpool Pride * – BiPhoria
- [cancelled] June 6: Belfast Trans Pride.
- June 6: York Pride.
- June 13: Abingdon Pride
- June 13: Cambridge Pride
- June 13: Canterbury Pride
- June 13: Colchester Pride
- June 13: Coventry Pride * – Brum Bis
- June 13: Isle of Man Pride
- June 13: Salisbury Pride
- [postponed] June 20: Crewe Pride * – BiPhoria
- June 20: Edinburgh Pride * – Bi&Beyond
- June 20: Essex Pride
- June 18: Dublin Pride – running through to the parade on June 27th. * – BiIreland
- [postponed] June 20: Exmouth Pride now moved to August 22
- June 20: Portsmouth Pride
- June 20: Salford Pink Picnic * – BiPhoria
- [cancelled] June 21: Harrogate Pride
- June 26: Bristol Pride * – BiVisible
- June 27: Pride London * – London Bi Meetup
- [cancelled] July 10-12: Sparkle trans pride festival – Manchester * – BiPhoria
- July 4: Bridlington Pride
- July 11: Croydon Pride
- July 11: Worthing Pride * – Bothways
- [cancelled] July 12: Barnsley Pride
- July 12: UK Black Pride, London
- July 17-19 Newcastle Pride / UK Pride
- July 18: Tameside Pride * – BiPhoria
- July 20: Trans Pride weekend in Brighton * – Bothways
- July 18: Eastbourne Pride
- July 18: Isle of Wight Pride
- July 18: Folkestone Pride
- July 18: Llanelli Pride
- July 18: Weston Super Mare Pride
- July 19: Chesterfield Pride * – Sheffield Bis
- July 25: Liverpool Pride * – BiPhoria
- July 25: Norwich Pride
- July 28: Sheffield Pride * – Sheffield Bis
- July 31: Brighton Pride * – Bothways
- August 2: Leeds Pride * – Leeds Bi Group
- August 8: Chester Pride * – BiPhoria
- August 8: Doncaster Pride
- August 8: Swindon & Wiltshire Pride
- August 9: Wakefield Pride
- [cancelled] August 13-16: BiCon Leeds * – Leeds Bi Group
- August 22: Warwickshire Pride
- August 22: Exmouth Pride
- August 28-31: Manchester Pride * – BiPhoria
- August 29: Cornwall Pride
- August 29: Walsall Pride * – Brum Bis
- September 5: Bi Pride London
- September 5/6: Birmingham Pride (postponed from May)
- September 5: Haringey Pride
- September 5: Basildon Pride
- September 11-13: Levenshulme Pride * – BiPhoria
- September 12: Crewe Pride * – BiPhoria
- September 12: Milton Keynes Pride
- September 19: Bolton Pride * – BiPhoria
- September 26: Carlisle Cumbria Pride
Events marked with a * mean there is a local bi group in the area who are likely to be present whether with a stall, meetup, or banner waving group on the parade.
If you’ve never been to an LGBT (lesbian, gay, bi & trans) Pride event before and wonder what to expect here are a couple of stories from past issues of BCN that talk about what it’s like: